We Are Staffordshire will be hosting its first Ambassador Event for 2023 on 26 January, celebrating Staffordshire as a place of learning and continual growth.
The Ambassador Network brings together businesses, education, the public sector, the third sector, indeed all organisations to really put Staffordshire on the map. We have an amazing story to tell, and such a lot to be proud of, but we all need to talk the place up, celebrate our successes; together we need to act as ambassadors for Staffordshire and get our story out there.
The January Staffordshire Ambassador Event: A Place to Learn and Grow will feature an inspirational mix of organisations and institutions who are supporting the county’s educational and skills agenda – equipping people with the skills and experience to ensure we are well-placed to support industry and innovation of future generations.
The session will cover:
- How a Staffordshire restaurant and bar group is challenging perceptions of the hospitality industry as a career choice, one chef and server at a time!
- Why our educational institutions are integral in supporting and contributing students into the local employment pool, through a case study of Keele Medical School and University Hospital of North Midlands
- How one global brand has taken the future skills development of the workforce of tomorrow into its own hands
- What the Institute of Technology campus and courses will mean for the people of our county, of all ages
- Presentations will be followed by a Q&A with all of the speakers, chaired by Martin Tideswell, Director of Communities and Commercial Engagement, Staffordshire and Patrons of We Are Staffordshire.
Guests will also have the opportunity to network and take a tour of Staffordshire University’s new Catalyst Building.
- Louisa Shaw, Place Brand Manager
- Martin Tideswell, Director of Communities and Commercial Engagement, Staffordshire and Patrons of We Are Staffordshire
- Chris Childs, Commercial Director, Parogon Group
- Professor Pauline Walsh, Dean of Faculty of Health, Keele University
- Jenny McGuirk, Principal, JCB Academy
- Jason Lancaster, Director of the Institute of Technology & Employer Partnerships, Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group