Our Vision: Supporting business growth in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire
Our vision is to roll out the red carpet and make Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire the best place to do business in the UK.
We know that business growth is the key to economic success and we have made it our mission is to create 50,000 jobs and increase the size of the economy by 50% over the 10 years from 2011 to 2021. To achieve this we will:
Focus on creating the best environment we can for businesses
The LEP is undertaking a range of projects to help support business growth right now, including:
- Cutting red tape to help businesses do business
- Launching an Education, Employment and Skills Board to bridge the skills gap
- Running a business helpline that’s available five days a week whatever your business question
- Improving access to funding, finance and loans
- Providing a first class inward investment service through Make It Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire
- Encouraging enterprise through the development of enterprise zones such as Ceramic Valley in Stoke-on-Trent and North Staffordshire, and i54 in South Staffordshire, ensuring that businesses have the opportunity to grow in bespoke facilities, and benefit businesses throughout the supply chain.
Continue to work with businesses to understand their needs and expectations
The LEP is a partnership between businesses and the public sector and draws on the expertise of both to drive business growth and economic success. The LEP Board and subgroups include many business leaders from a wide range of organisations across the region, who provide a unique insight into the demands placed on businesses. We also undertake regular surveys which are used to inform our work.
Revise our Strategic Economic Plan to ensure we can can deliver the jobs and business growth needed in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire
The Government is ensuring that LEPs have the resources they need to invest in the local economy and enhancing efforts to support business growth.
From City Deals to Local Growth Funds the LEP’s role is to develop a clear strategy and approach to utilise these resources to support a dynamic local economy. Some of the areas include:
- The development of skills within the local area
- Start-up support for new SME’s
- Supporting established firms to expand through export events