Skills Advisory Panel Evidence Base
To support the Skills Advisory Panel (SAP) with effective strategic decision making and the commissioning of skills provision which meets the needs of the local economy we are currently developing a comprehensive SAP evidence base of skills needs and priorities in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire.
The SAP evidence base is based on guidance provided by the DfE in the form of an Analytical Toolkit to support local areas to carry out high quality local skills analysis and build robust evidence on local skills needs, wider labour market challenges and priorities to inform the local skills agenda.
The evidence will create a common understanding of local skills demand and supply issues and influence a more efficient allocation of resources through the development of action plans to deliver local skills priorities.
The evidence and action plans will help Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire improve its productivity and achieve its potential.
The latest SAP evidence base which was published in September 2022 is available here and:
- Provides an overview of the pre-COVID economy and labour market position (core datasets and Government KPIs)
- Discusses the impact of COVID and War in Ukraine/Rising Inflation on the local economy
- Identifies COVID recovery opportunities
- Considers economic renewal & transformation opportunities including priority sectors and skill areas
- Provides detailed priority sector information including SWOT analysis