If you are looking to relocate to, expand or move within Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire, the Make It Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire inward investment service is here to help.
The inward investment arm of the LEP, Make It Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire offers a free and confidential service to help companies that are looking to relocate and expand into the county. Its inward investment services include:
- Help identifying suitable locations, sites and premises
- Help with site visits and area tours
- Advice on grants and incentives
- Support in relation to skills, training, salary levels and recruitment costs
- Assistance with industry and market research
Why move to Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire?
Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire has a rich heritage and is home to new, small and micro-businesses right through to large multinationals, such as JCB, Bet 365, Amazon, Jaguar Land Rover, Michelin and Alstom Grid.
So why have they chosen to make Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire a base to call home? Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire offers:
- Easy access to markets with outstanding transport infrastructure to the whole to the UK with excellent air, sea and rail connections.
- A population of over one million, with a further three million living within 45 minutes drive time
- Of which, 179,500 of the working age population are educated to degree level (NVQ level 4)
- A high workforce training participation rate of 19%, particularly in production industries.
- Both Staffordshire University and Keele University have widely respected engineering and computing faculties.
- A wealth of established industry sectors as well as strong Research and Development, in engineering, electronics, and materials sciences
- 13.2% of our workforce is employed in manufacturing, considerably higher than the UK average of 8.8%
- Lower cost premises – the average industrial rental per square metre is 36% lower than Manchester and 22% less than Birmingham
- Competitive wage costs, giving you the potential to save 14% in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire compared to the national average.
If you’re looking to relocate your business to Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire or are already based within the area and need to expand your operation, then talk to the LEP’s Inward Investment team at Make It Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire now.