Destination Staffordshire – supporting tourism businesses
Leisure and business tourism across Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire is valued at over £1.7 billion and supports over 33,000 jobs, making it a vital part of our economy and a sector that will play a significant role in the region’s long term growth.
Destination Staffordshire is the tourism body approved and supported by the LEP. It is a partnership of the public and private sectors aimed at growing the visitor economy for the benefit of businesses and employment in the area. It does this by:
- Co-ordinating marketing activity to attract visitors to Staffordshire, encouraging them to stay longer and visit the whole county.
- Providing a web portal for the county’s leisure and tourism offering.
- Improving the skill base of the people involved within the industry and promoting staff retention and recruitment.
- Providing a focus for the development of key issues such as sustainable tourism.
- Providing a research and monitoring facility to inform the decision making process.
- Providing a channel to identify and share best practice and improve communication throughout the industry.
- Bidding for funding to support these objectives.
Businesses that join Destination Staffordshire also benefit from free standard entries on the Enjoy Staffordshire website, app and in its annual visitor guides, as well as the opportunity to participate in the Enjoy Card promotion.
Its members include visitor attractions, accommodation, eating establishments, artists, tourism businesses and local authorities, who all work together to drive tourism in Staffordshire.
By working together Destination Staffordshire aims to transform Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire into a truly world class visitor destination – a destination that will attract more visitors, keep them here longer and provide an experience that they’ll talk about for years to come.
To find out more about the support offered to tourism businesses or to become a member, visit Destination Staffordshire.
* Figures for 2011