The Low Carbon Business Evolution Programme (LCBEP) is part of the Staffordshire Business Environmental Network (sben), delivered by Staffordshire County Council’s Business Support Team.
The programme offers small and medium businesses in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire support to help them reduce their carbon footprint and increase energy efficiency.
The Low Carbon Business Evolution programme is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund programme. If a business meets the criteria, support will start with free specialist low carbon advice in one of the following areas:
- Energy Review or Energy & Environment Review
- Environmental Management System (EMS) Gap Analysis
- Low Carbon New Product Innovation Review
The review has no cost for the applicant, and a comprehensive list of recommendations is made. Grants between £2,000 and £10,000 are offered to help the businesses achieve the carbon reductions, which could ultimately result in energy cost reductions. There are two types of grants available:
- Capital grants that enable investment to help make a business low carbon, for example the installation of energy efficient measures in buildings, processes, products and services which will reduce carbon.
- Revenue grants for further low carbon specialist advice such as environmental management systems, energy management systems, carbon foot-printing, or renewable energy feasibility.
Businesses can also enlist the knowledge and expertise of a graduate for a subsidised 12-week internship programme. The experience works both ways: businesses receive support to implement the recommendations made through the specialist low carbon advice, and the intern can access a work placement relevant to their studies.
For more information contact LCBEP on 01785 277379 or visit the website at http://www.sben.co.uk/LCBEP