Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire Local Enterprise Partnership (SSLEP) would like to invite organisations across SSLEP area to submit expressions of interest for future funding opportunities for “delivery-ready” infrastructure projects that will help drive economic growth.
The LEP wishes to have a refreshed pipeline of capital projects that can be worked into full business cases should further funding opportunities be announced.
Currently SSLEP has the opportunity to reinvest up to £1.35m.
The call is seeking to identify infrastructure projects in the Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire LEP area where investment is focused on:
Stoke on Trent as a Core City
Competitive Urban Centres
We welcome expressions of interest from public, private or third sector organisations that have a project with the potential to deliver jobs and growth in the Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire LEP area. The call is for capital projects with a minimum grant funding request of £100,000.
We strongly recommend that you look at the LEP website and the Strategic Economic Plan (SEP refresh 2017) to see the type of projects that have already been funded. There is no guarantee that projects will be funded.
Points to bear in mind if considering whether to submit an expression of interest are:
- Expressions of interest should be for capital projects
- The project will need to be deliverable by March 2021
- You will need to be in a position to develop a full business case
- Projects will need to satisfy the business case requirements set out in our assurance framework and demonstrate clear leverage, and outcomes that demonstrate good value for money.
- When completing the draft business case template please provide a clear description and a rationale for the proposed project, particularly regarding:
- what the need for LEP funding is and how investment will address issues identified in the SEP and contribute to the growth of the SSLEP economy
- evidence to show why the market/private developers/operators cannot progress the scheme without the LEP’s help
- include data to demonstrate there is demand / need for the project
- the expected milestones for planning, clearance, construction and operation
- the LEP will not support any projects that are looking for 100% funding from the Growth Fund therefore please provide broad costings and funding mix.
- Appraisal and prioritisation will be based around four core themes:
- Ambition and rationale (strategic fit with our Strategic Economic Plan)
- Value for money
- Deliverability and risk
- Economic and other benefits.
To enable the LEP to consider all the submissions, please return completed draft business case no later than midnight Friday 15th December 2017 to: email@example.com
If you wish discuss potential projects please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the business case proforma here: Business Case proforma