Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering Hub
The Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Hub is providing world-class vocational environments with state of the art facilities in local communities linked to key employers, providers, schools and colleges. This has been developed through significant public and private investment in two phases.
The key aims are to:
- Provide growth in sector specific traineeship and apprenticeships
- Upskill the current workforce in the sector to improve productivity
- Upskill and retrain those looking for work
- Provide specialist facilities and training to meet employer needs
- Promote careers in the sector and use the facilities and training as a progression route
Phase 1 provides specialist provision in automotive and hybrid technologies in Newcastle-under-Lyme delivered by Martec Training; renewable pneumatics and hydraulics in Stoke-on-Trent delivered by Stoke-on-Trent College and, in Tamworth, construction, electrical installation, motor vehicle and engineering provision delivered by South Staffordshire College.
Phase 2 has been completed during 2017 and includes an AgriSTEM Academy at South Staffordshire College’s Rodbaston campus, Penkridge, specialising in advanced manufacturing & engineering and agricultural technology sectors, a Science and Technology Centre at Stafford College specialising in advanced manufacturing and design and an Advanced Apprenticeship Academy at the JCB Academy in Rocester specialising in advanced engineering.
See the Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Hub leaflet here: SSLEP AME booklet.