Local community and voluntary groups have received £5,470.66 in community grants, thanks to the latest round of quarterly grants from Tamworth Borough Council.
Five groups have each been awarded grants of between £520 and £2,000 from the Community Grants scheme that is available for community, not for profit organisations or for identified not for profit projects to work collaboratively and flexibly to meet the needs of the residents of Tamworth.
The latest awards have been given to the following:
- Activology C.I.C: £520 to support with venue hire costs to deliver activity sessions that promote and improve the physical and mental health of adults.
- Dementia Caring: £950.66 towards the cost of a Volunteer Co-ordinator role. The coordinator will recruit volunteers for the Dementia Caring Time out Club.
- Tamworth Foodbank: £1,000 towards the purchase of bulk food supplies.
- New Urban Era: £2,000 towards the costs of the Creative Community Tamworth Project 2023. (Match fund to an Arts Council England grant award).
- Radio Tamworth: £1,000 to support with running costs of the station, run by volunteers.
More information about grants can be found online at: www.tamworth.gov.uk/grants
Applications can now also be submitted for 2023 quarter one applications; closing date is Friday 25 August 2023. Details can be found here: www.tamworth.gov.uk/community-grants