Redundancy and Recruitment Triage Service – Support for businesses and employees in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire
Whilst the Government has created the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, designed to help businesses retain their staff during the current outbreak by paying 80% of an employee’s salary, there are redundancies currently being made by businesses across Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire.
This is happening while large gaps in the labour market are appearing in sectors vital to the ongoing fight against coronavirus.
LEP chairman Alun Rogers said:
Our priority at the LEP is to ensure businesses across Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire have the support they need during these extremely difficult times.
In negotiation with several of our local partners, the Local Authorities and the LEP have identified capacity within the National Careers Service West Midlands including Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire, to provide a valuable response triage service which will match redundancy situations to redeployment where there is emerging new work in sectors experiencing a surge in employment demand.
This will be free individual support, advice and careers information and guidance for employers and employees. We look forward to businesses and individuals getting in contact with triage service as quickly as possible.”
Please follow the advice below to ensure we can support you and the labour market during this time.
- If you have been made redundant or are at risk of redundancy contact us now on 0121 296 5550 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a telephone appointment
- If you are an employer whose staff are at risk of redundancy, please call 07879 603635
- If you require support to fill urgent vacancies, please call 07879 603635
For general guidance and links to further information on redundancy for both employers and employees, you can read the DWP Factsheet on Redundancy.
National Careers Service delivered by Prospects – Free individual support, advice and careers information and guidance for employers and employees affected by Coronavirus redundancies and for employers needing staff to fill their vacancies.
How National Careers Service can support you:
- Our experienced advisers can help you support your staff during this challenging period through one-to-one redundancy support, career planning and employment and training/learning advice and guidance for staff at risk of redundancy, as well as match employees to new jobs in sectors experiencing demand.
- If you are recruiting for urgent vacancies to meet changes to your business as a result of Covid-19, we can help match your jobs to individuals who are immediately available to start work.
Employees at risk of redundancy/recently made redundant
- Our qualified advisers can provide one to one support to help you plan your next steps, help you to improve your skills or help you find alternative employment including access to new job vacancies in sectors experiencing demand for new staff.
Support we provide includes:
- Skills analysis and career planning
- CV development
- Job matching to current vacancies
- Job search and online applications
- Understanding the local job market
- Current vacancies relevant to your skills and experience
- Exploring career options
- Interview techniques
- Digital skills assessments and skills
- Searching for courses and training schemes
- Finding funding to support learning
- Information about apprenticeships
- Identifying key strengths & skills
- Developing an action plan