Additional sources of help for businesses across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent
- The new ‘JSS Open’ scheme – enhanced support from the Job Support Scheme particularly aimed at businesses in ‘High’ to help retain employees. For those businesses that are not forced to close but can show that the restrictions are having a considerable impact on revenue. MORE on the ‘JSS Open’ scheme
- New grant – Stoke-on-Trent City Council and Staffordshire’s district and borough councils will have access to the new ‘Local Restrictions Support Grant’ to support businesses in ‘High’ areas that are not legally forced to close but are severely impacted by the restrictions. Depending on the rateable value of each business, businesses could get grants of up to £2,100 a month. This has only just been announced by the government and more details will be communicated by the councils as soon as possible. MORE on the Local Restrictions Support Grant for ‘High’
Business support from us and our partners across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent
From the SSLEP:
- The Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Growth Hub – your first port of call for any advice for any Staffordshire or Stoke-on-Trent business
- The Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Skills Hub – for advice and funding to up-skill your staff for the future
- The Redundancy and Recruitment Triage Service – to help transition staff displaced by Covid-19 into new work
Other support from our partner organisations:
From the government:
- Access the Job Support Scheme fact sheet
- Access the Self-Employment Income Grant extension fact sheet
What to do if you have one or more confirmed cases of Covid-19 at your business
The government has developed a number of ‘action cards’ or quick-reference guides for anyone responsible for a business or organisation on what to do in the event of one or more confirmed cases of Covid-19 on your premises.
The quick-reference cards help you to quickly identify, report and respond to any potential Covid-19 outbreak.
You should report an outbreak, which is defined as one or more confirmed cases of Covid-19. Depending on the type of business, this may also include ‘possible’ cases.
The actions cards have been developed to cover a range of businesses and organisations.
Report an outbreak in Stoke-on-Trent – Email: email@example.com or 01782 231222.