The Stafford Business Environment Network (sben) is launching a Carbon Literacy Training programme as part of the county council’s Staffordshire Means Back to Business programme.
Carbon literacy is a term that is used in order to explain an individual’s awareness of climate change and how our actions impact on the climate. It’s the process by which an individual gains this awareness and becomes “Carbon Literate”.
This training is available free to eligible Staffordshire organisations until June 2022 and be carried out by specialist consultants who are experts within their respective fields. It can be completed either face to face in one training day or virtually over two half-length training days.
Why do Carbon Literacy Training?
- You will become more competitive, productive, resilient and able to grow from upskilling your staff
- It allows you to assess and focus on the behavioural aspect of the fight against climate change
- It provides you with the scientific evidence required to make well informed decisions about their impact on climate change
- It also provides you with the tools required to cascade this information across your organisation and beyond
- Construction company Jacobs UK indicate that typical realised carbon savings from Carbon Literacy are at least 5-15% per person
- You will gain huge branding benefits by qualifying for Carbon Literate Organisation (CLO) status.
Who is eligible for Carbon Literacy Training?
The Carbon Literacy Training is being funded by Staffordshire County Council and is only available free to businesses registered and trading within Staffordshire. There is funding support for a total of 180 individuals to complete the Carbon Literacy Training programme.