Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within small and medium-sized businesses in Stoke-on-Trent & Staffordshire. SSW provides recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance your employees’ skills, increase the competitiveness of your business and boost the local economy.
Are you looking to fill job vacancies but struggling to find candidates with all the skills your company needs? The Skills Support for the Workforce Programme is here to help employers train new recruits and help them develop the skills that your business needs.
Contact the Skills Hub team to discuss how this programme can benefit your business.
SSW’s network of expert training providers will work with you to develop a bespoke training programme relevant to your needs. There is a wide range of training on offer including:
- IT and digital skills
- Business administration
- Customer service
- Team leading & project management
- Health and social care
- Warehousing and storage
SSW is co-financed by the Education & Skills Funding Agency and European Social Fund so you can access support at no cost to your business.
Find out more: www.serco-ese.com/skills-support-for-the-workforce/regions/stoke-on-trent-staffordshire or contact the Skills Hub team to discuss how these programmes can benefit your business.
- Eden Pet Foods -Despite all the challenges of the last year through the pandemic, Eden were keen to carry on with the development of their staff. Skills Support for the Workforce put Eden in touch with Siamo Training, one of the expert training providers in the SSW programme. Siamo helped Eden not only to access training, but also at no cost. As a result of the training, 4 staff have progressed onto an Apprenticeship (Level 5) in Leadership & Management and another 4 have progressed onto Level 3.MoreMegan, one of the learners who has progressed onto an apprenticeship, says:
“I found that the course provided me with the tools to understand more about my own skill set and also the others around me. This course has given me the opportunity to learn much more about myself and how I can develop my team.”
- Ratcliff Cleaning Contractors Limited – offer professional industrial and commercial cleaning services across the country. In order to win more contracts their employees needed to achieve a specific qualification to be able to work on large building sites. Their operatives needed to achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning and Support Services Skills so they could apply for the CSCS card. As a result of the training, Ratcliff Cleaning Contractors can tender for more contracts now their employees have evidence they are able to work on site. More
- WATCH – Project Solar UK, part of Project Better Energy – Project Solar UK Ltd provides free solar advice to help individuals to take advantage of tax-free incentives. 8 employees undertook 3 funded management skills training modules which included:
- Manage conflict with a team
- Chair and lead meetings
- Contribute to the improvement of business performance
- Tailored Branding – Tailored Branding is a Stafford-based business which specialises in quality branded products. Gemma who works in a sales and account management role at the business required Sales training which would support her long-term career goals. The training was carried out by The Tess Group, one of Serco’s trusted providers. Gemma was enrolled onto a group of Sales Level 3 & 4 units which included the buying and selling cycle, customer relationships and negotiation and objection handling. The training improved Gemma’s confidence in her role, especially her ability to manage people. More
- NJF Brickwork Ltd – are a construction, brickwork, blockwork, new builds and renovations organisation based in Stafford. When the company was approached by PM Training offering funded training for their workforce through the SSW programme it was just the support they had been looking for and they are already reaping the benefits. More